Location: San Jose, United States
We are working with a company operating in the best of both worlds – an innovative start-up inside of a $6 billion parent company building the next generation of solar. They have developed an industry-leading building-integrated solar technology that is being deployed with customers all over the country.
As they continue to ramp their manufacturing and R&D teams, we have been asked to help identify an R&D Materials Engineer. This person will work on developing new materials for use in the next generation of building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) roofing. This is a heavy R&D role that will work cross-functionally to find innovative materials and products that produce higher outputs at lower costs while increasing reliability. The role will focus on creative problem solving and collaborative work necessary to build prototypes and take them from laboratory scale to pilot line.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Doctor’s Degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field.
- Relevant experience in industries producing or utilizing plastics, adhesives, or composites for outdoor products.
- Experience in prototyping and material testing (optical, FTIR, DSC, DMA, tensile, fatigue).
- Experimental and data analysis software skills (Matlab, Python, JMP).
- Ability to identify and collaborate with a team environment.
Who we are
Peak Demand is the leading executive search firm focused on solar, renewable energy, and energy storage. Our recruiting specialists are well-connected in the industry, working with some of the most well-respected and fastest-growing companies in renewable energy. We have placed some of the top Business Development, Engineering, and Operations professionals in the industry that have contributed to over 10 GW of installed solar capacity for our clients.
Apply now or to learn more contact Jon Semingson at [email protected].