We are partnered with a leading developer of community solar and utility-scale solar and solar + storage projects based on the east coast. They have a decade of experience working across the Southeast and are now active in the midwest across MISO and SPP.
The company has a multi-GW pipeline of projects in various stages of development and due to their continued growth, they have an opportunity for an Associate General Counsel to focus on real estate transactions for large-scale renewable energy projects. This person will be involved in the entire development process from drafting lease agreements to reviewing PPAs, Interconnection agreements, working on permitting and land use issues, and generally manage real estate risk for the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At Least 3 years of legal experience with land use for renewable energy, power generation or commercial real estate development.
- Solar, storage, and wind energy-related experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity with land issues (liens, mineral rights, easements, land leases, etc).
- Familiarity with tax equity preferred
- Creative problem solver that can work with internal and external legal teams working on several simultaneous projects.
Who we are:
Peak Demand is the leading executive search firm focused on solar, renewable energy, and energy storage. Our recruiting specialists are well-connected in the industry, working with some of the most well-respected and fastest-growing companies in renewable energy. We have placed some of the top Business Development, Engineering, and Operations professionals in the industry that have contributed to over 10 GW of installed solar capacity for our clients.
Apply now or to learn more contact Sarah Petersen at Sarah@inpeakdemand.com.